Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A) TrainingThe C.N.A. Blended training program is set up in three sections: online instruction, classroom/clinical instruction, and testing. This program will prepare you as a C.N.A. in a skilled and acute care facility or home healthcare setting.
The online program costs $110 and can be completed within one month. The classroom/clinical instruction is offered at TrainND Northwest, with the clinical at a local longterm care facility, the cost is $550. Once you have completed those two sections you will take a knowledge and practical skills test for $195. A Certificate of Completion is awarded once all three sections are completed.
Read the assigned chapters from the textbook How to Be a Nurse Assistant (5th or 6th Edition) published by the American Health Care Association. Purchase at Amazon.com.
- Answer all of the objectives and worksheets assigned to each chapter and turn the completed forms into the drop box.
- Watch the videos related to each chapter.
- Complete the quizzes at the end of each video, print off certificates and bring to first day of class.
- Complete quizzes related to each chapter. Quizzes are made up of 5 random questions; you have 7 minutes to complete the quiz. You must score 100% on the quiz to continue on. You can take the quiz as many times as needed to score 100%.
- Student is required to call instructor once a week.
- Review, print, and bring the handouts with you the first day of lab.
- Review, print, and bring with you the Memorandum of Understanding to the first day of lab.
The second day of lab you will take the Headmaster practice exam. You must score a 75% or higher in order to begin the lab/clinical portion of the program. You will have two attempts to pass the practice exam. If you do not pass after 2nd attempt you will need to begin the course again.
- The third day of lab you will also take the Health Insurance portability and accountability (HIPPA)exam.
- You must complete 26.5 hours of lab time with a qualified instructor at a designated facility.
- You must complete 24 hours of clinical time (at long term care facility with a qualified instructor).
- Students are required to wear scrubs during clinicals.
Knowledge/Practical Skills Test$195
*Students must complete all training and testing portions within 6 months of registration date, all fees will be forfeited for any portions of training not complteed during this time period.
Review, print, complete, and bring with you the Headmaster application, available here.
Additional study material can be found here.