Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A) TrainingThe C.N.A. Blended training program is set up in three sections: online instruction, classroom/clinical instruction, and testing. This program will prepare you as a C.N.A. in a skilled and acute care facility or home healthcare setting.
The online portion will begin on a quarterly basis and must completed within 3 months. The classroom/clinical instruction is offered at TrainND Northwest (completed over a two week periord), with the clinical at a local longterm care facility. The total cost of the online and classroom/clinicals is $800.
Once you have completed those two sections you will take the State of North Dakota knowledge and practical skills test for $200. A Certificate of Completion is awarded once all three sections are completed.
- Read the assigned chapters from the textbook "How to Be a Nurse Assistant" (7th Edition) published by the American Health Care Association. Your textbook and workbook are provided and included in the cost of the class.
- Complete the workbook pages associated with each chapter.
- Watch the videos related to each chapter.
- Complete the quizzes at the end of each video, print off certificates and bring to first day of class.
- Complete exams related to each chapter. Exams are made up of 30 questions. You must score 80% on each exam to continue on. You can take the exam as many times as needed to score 80%.
- Student is required to call instructor once a week.
- Take the Health Insurance portability and accountability (HIPPA) exam.
- You must complete 28 hours of lab time with a qualified instructor at a designated facility.
- You must complete 24 hours of clinical time (at long term care facility with a qualified instructor).
- Students are required to wear scrubs during clinicals.
Knowledge/Practical Skills Test*Students must complete all training and testing portions within the quarter you registered, all fees will be forfeited for any portions of training not completed during this time period.
Contact the Technical Program Coordinator for more information: Stacy Ribich 701-713-3787 firstname.lastname@example.org