Certified Nursing Assistant - CNA
As a student you are expected to complete the following:
· Log into Moodle and review syllabus.
· Read the assigned chapters from the textbook How to Be a Nurse Assistant fifth or sixth edition published by the American Health Care Association. Purchase at Amazon.com
· Answer all of the objectives and worksheets assigned to each chapter and turn the completed forms into the drop box.
· Watch the videos related to each chapter
· Complete the quizzes at the end of each video, print off certificates and bring to first day of class.
· Complete quizzes related to each chapter. Quizzes are made up of 5 random questions; you have 7 minutes to complete the quiz. You must score 100% on the quiz to continue on. You can take the quiz as many times as needed to score 100%.
· Review, print, and bring the handouts with you the first day of lab.
· Review, print, and bring with you the Memorandum of Understanding to the first day of lab.
· The second day of lab you will take the Headmaster practice exam. You must score a 75% or higher in order to begin the lab/clinical portion of the program. You will have two attempts to pass the practice exam. If you do not pass after 2nd attempt you will need to begin the course again.
· The third day of lab you will also take the Health Insurance portability and accountability (HIPPA)exam
· You must complete 26.5 hours of lab time with a qualified instructor at a designated facility
· You must complete 24 hours of clinical time (at long term care facility with a qualified instructor).
· Review, print, complete, and bring with you the Headmaster application.
· Once a week the instructor will be available to help answer any questions that you may have.
· During clinicals you are required to wear scrubs.
· The cost of the class is $650
· The cost of the exam is $175